Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Can't Find The Time

I just got out of a client meeting here in Spartanburg, and instead of going back to work, I ducked into a coffee shop on Main Street to check my email. Thought maybe it was time for a quick blog post.

Good grief, where has the time gone? I haven't posted in a while and what few people actually read this blog have probably stopped visiting the site by now.

Anyway here's a quick update.

The Fam and I are getting settled into our new life in Greenville. We're currently living at my In-laws until our house in Atlanta sells. It's not so bad, The Crouts are awesome and I get along great with them. Obviously two families living under one roof can be stressed and cramped at times, especially with two little boys, but we're making it work. But we REALLY want our house to sell so we can move on with our life. Right now we feel like we're stuck on PAUSE.

The new gig is great. Erwin Penland is a solid company with good people. But it's also a big change in culture and pace from Brunner. This place MOVES. Lots of work, lots of energy and lots and a lot more responsibilities. On just my second week on the job I was put in charge of Denny's; one of the busiest accounts in the agency. My new title is Creative Supervisor. It's kinda crazy and frantic and to be honest I was a little freaked out at first. I was wondering if I could manage an account that big. But I'm settling into a groove, taking things one and a time, and you know, I'm actually beginning to like it.

The boys are doing great and they are loving their new school. Ridge has a new best friend named Colby. (Apparently Colby is really into Transformers and Clone Wars too.) Colton is adjusting to school as well, but whenever you ask him what he did at school, he just replies "I cried."

While staying at The Crouts, the boys are also sharing a bedroom and they really seem to like it. Which is a real surprise. Ridge even told us that whenever we move into a new house, he wants to share a room with Colton

All in all, Life is good. Maybe a little crazy, hectic and unpredictable at the moment, but good.

God has truly blessed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment