Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween At The Brysons









Halloween is one of my favorite holidays of the year. Even though I'm 36 years old I don't think I'll ever really out grow October 31st.

Some highlights from this year:

We had a Halloween Party for several of Ridge's buddies. The kids all came dressed in their costumes, but for some strange reason I was the only adult dressed up. (Very lame) By the end of the party we had all consumed way too many empty calories and all of the kids went home with sugar induced hangovers.

After nap-time, we decided to carve our jack 'o lanterns. I decided that this was the year that I was going to introduce power tools into the mix and carved the pumpkins using a RotoZip. Worked great, though it did make a bit of a mess on our dining room table. Ridge hated the loud noise from power tools and said I was "killing his pumpkins." He ran screaming from the room and wanted to have nothing to do with the carving procedure.

After the pumpkins were carved and placed outside to keep the evil spirits at bay, Ridge, Colton and I donned our costumes. Mommy however did not dress up (Lame) Ridge loved the part of dressing up, as well as I did. I've waited two and a half years for Ridge to go as Superman so I could dress as Jor-el. Unfortunately, we have nothing but old people in our neighborhood and the cleverness and all around awesomeness of my costume was lost on them. One person even thought I was dressed as Barbara Bush. I did however run into one fellow geek on our trick r treating rounds who exclaimed "Superman, Son of Jor-el!" That made my night. Colton went as monkey, though I think he looked more like an Ewok than a monkey. Mommy and Colton joined Ridge and I trick r treating for a while until it got too cold and Mommy took Wicket back to Endor.

Ridge totally LOVED and I mean LOVED, trick r treating. As we walked from house to house he would shout "Hey Dadda, I bet they have candy!" and run as fast as he could to knock on the door. However, it took him a while to grasp the concept of, when the door opens you DON'T run inside of the house, which he did several times.

Once we got back home, he poured his loot of candy out on the floor and ran his fingers through it like it was pirate treasure. "Look at ALL that candy!" he shouted over and over.

After we put Superman and the Ewok to bed, Danielle and I ended the night watching cheesy horror flicks well into the night and snacked on roasted pumpkin seeds. Couldn't have asked for a better night and I can't wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment