Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vittles



One of the perks of having a new baby enter the family is all the great food you receive after you bring the youngster home. Over the last 48 hours we’ve received enough casseroles, home-made soups, stews, fresh vegetables, and desserts to feed a small Central American army. We're really blessed to have such good friends and family. Unfortunately, my goal of dropping a few lb’s has taken a backseat for a while until all of these culinary delights have been consumed. I typically have pretty good willpower when it comes to eating, but lately I’ve been stuffing my face like Jethro Bodean.

The other night some of the girls from our small group came by and dropped off yet another hefty barrage of food. My stomach thanks you ladies! And Virgina, if you’re reading this, that was undoubtedly the best Key Lime Pie I have ever eaten in my life. And I would know; I consider myself a connoisseur in all things "key lime." Un-Freaking-Believable. Nice work.

I will have to come to terms, however, that in couple of weeks our flood of food will eventually trickle out. It'll be back to rice and beans for a while until we get a grasp on multi-tasking with a energetic two year-old and an infant in the house. I see a lot of Dinty Moore in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment