Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Reading Material and Snacks


Boredom has now officially set in. Danielle, however, has started having contractions every five minutes or so-which is good. The doctors have decided to start inducing first thing in the morning. 

Unfortunately, we're both too excited to sleep, so I'm passing the time between back massages, reading and Shark Week. Bow season arrives in just a few weeks so I'm catching up on the latest archery gear and hunting articles. I'm also trying to finish up my cheesy werewolf/horror novel I picked up at the Book Nook several weeks ago. It's a book called THE WOLFEN. I saw the movie version starring Albert Finney on HBO back when I was a kid and it freaked me out. I found a used copy of the book for $.50 and decided to give it a go. Actually, it's not half bad- that is of course if you like books about packs of highly evolved, vicious super wolves living in New York City that feed on homeless people.

Danielle, being the most thoughtful wife in the world, packed several snacks for me, since she knows how I get the munchies late at night. However, I'm craving chocolate and the only chocolate-centric snacks she brought along were dark chocolate-covered espresso beans. It's 11 PM and I've eaten half the container and now I'm wired out of my gourd. 

I'm going to be up half the night now. I just hope I don't crash in the morning before the Big Event.

No comments:

Post a Comment